The 2018 East Texas Poultry Festival Broiler Sale was an all-time record sell bringing over $157,500 with the grand champion pen of broilers selling for $10,000.00.
Seventy-five Shelby County 4-H and FFA youth exhibited at this year's show, with 46 pens of broilers making the sale. We would like to give special thanks to the Judge Jacob Coppage for taking the time to come judge the show. Mr. Coppage spoke to several of the exhibitors and gave them several tips of how to grow an outstanding Broiler.
The Results of the show are as follows:
Addison Lloyd of Shelby County 4-H sold her grand champion pen of broilers to Border’s Poultry Supply for $10,000.00.
Trista Britt of Center FFA won reserve champion honors with her pen of broilers, which sold to Farmer’s State Bank for $8,500.
Other Shelby County 4-H and FFA members selling their pens and buyers were:
3. Wade Collard, Center FFA; East Texas Poultry and Ace Hardware of East Texas; $3,500.00
4. Hannah Wages, Center FFA; Tyson-Carthage; $2,500.00
5. Julie Bird, Center FFA; Shelby Savings Bank, General Shelters and Hunter Building; $3,000.00
6. Abi Hooper, Joaquin FFA; Link Charolais, and Odessa Link Farms; $2,500.00
7. Kenley Ramos, Center FFA; T&R Terminals; $4,000.00
8. Cale Cornelius, Timpson FFA; Spartan structures and High Rollers; $4,000.00
9. Chance Shuemaker, Joaquin FFA; Pilgrim’s Pride; $2,300.00
10. Hagan Craig, Center FFA; High Rollers; $4,100.00
11. Mason Perry, Center FFA; Sandhill Wrecker, $4,000.00
12. Sayre Hall, Center FFA; Wiggins Farms and Elite Hair Design; $2,500.00
13. Logan Holloway, Center FFA; McAdams Propane; $3,750.00
14. Holli Hamilton, Joaquin FFA; Shelby County Farm Bureau; $2,500.00
15. David Barton, Jr., Shelby County 4-H; Pilgrim’s Pride; $2,600.00
16. Collin Lloyd, Shelby County 4-H; Sandhill Wrecker; $2,750.00
17. Maddox Hutchins, Joaquin FFA; Shelby Savings Bank, General Shelters and Hunter Buildings; $2,200.00
18. Guner Youngblood, Shelby County 4-H; Bird/Crawford Forestry; $3,000.00
19. Jase Bird, Center FFA; Texas State Bank; $3,700.00
20. Maddie Russell, Center FFA; Raymond Construction, Spartan Structures and East Texas Surveying and Mapping; $2,800.00
21. Grant Gregory, Center FFA; Wiggins Whitetails; $2,400.00
22. Lance Holloway, Center FFA; Sandhill Wrecker; $6,500.00
23. Gracie Boyd, Shelby County 4-H; Bird/Crawford Forestry; $2,500.00
24. Autumn Webb, Joaquin FFA; K&L Contractors, JML Management, ULTRA, Klein Cattle, Chubby Chicks; $2,200.00
25. Rylan Barbee, Shelby County 4-H; 96 Equipment Inc. and Center Welding; $2,500.00
26. Josiah Menefee, Shelby County 4-H; Tyson-Carthage; $3,500.00
27. Dylan Lout, Shelby County 4-H; Despino Tire; $3,250.00
28. Evan O’Rear, Shelby County 4-H; Double “O” Operating, Trails Inn Grocery, and MKO Trucking; $3,500.00
29. Wesley Wages, Center FFA; East Texas Poultry and Ace Hardware of East Texas; $2,900.00
30. Ezekiel Richey, Shelby County 4-H; Wiggins Farms and Elite Hair Design; $2,500.00
31. Ryker Tomlin, Shelby County 4-H; High Rollers; $4,500.00
32. Emilee Elliott, Center FFA; Hawkeye Hunting Club; $3,500.00
33. Brayden Britt, Deep East Texas Electric Co-op.; $2,200.00
34. Camille Greer, Shelby County 4-H; Spartan Structures and Venado Creek; $3,000.00
35. Alexis Clouse, Joaquin FFA; McAdams Propane; $2,400.00
36. Mason Hughes, Joaquin FFA; Bird/Crawford Forestry; $2,500.00
37. Madison Hicks, Tenaha FFA; Sandhill Wrecker; $2,600.00
38. Laura Ann Scull, Shelby County 4-H; Bird/Crawford Forestry and Windham Family
39. Autum Andrusick, Center FFA; Shelby Savings Bank, General Shelters and Hunter
40. Eli Bush, Shelby County 4-H; 4 “B” Trucking and the late Ron Hairgrove Foundation;
41. Carson Crouch, Shelby County 4-H; Rydaco Investments; $4,500.00
42. Anna Holland, Tenaha FFA; Heritage Land Bank; $2,750.00
43. Aspen Pritchett, Joaquin FFA; Tyson-Carthage; $3,500.00
44. Zoie Eberenz, Center FFA; Deep East Texas Electric Co-op., R&D Distributing, and Fish
& Still Equipment; $3,000.00
45. Camryn Crouch, Shelby County 4-H; Tyson-Center; $4,250.00
46. Carter Bell, Shelby County 4-H; $3,250.00; Center Motor Company, Ray Jones
Chevrolet, and Center ATV
Logan Holloway, a senior at Center High School, will be awarded a $500 scholarship from Shelby Savings Bank for being the highest placing senior with his pen of broilers and Center’s awards ceremony.
Thanks go to Boles Feed for the purchase of the wing band and the wing-banding for the broilers.
Shelby Savings Bank, General Shelters, and Hunter Buildings added $50.00 per pen. First Financial Bank also added $50.00 per pen.
Bird/Crawford Forestry then brought every pen that was under $2,500.00 up to $2,500.00
Also contributing to the sale were: Tyson-Carthage, Shelby Savings Bank, Boles Feed, McAdams Propane, Farmers State Bank, Sabine State Bank, Bird/Crawford Forestry, Pilgrim’s Pride, Borders Poultry Supply, Deep East Texas Electric Co-op., Ace Hardware of East Texas, East Texas Poultry, Shelby County Farm Bureau, Rydaco, 4-C Electric, First Financial Bank, 4-L Logging, Austin Bank-Timpson, Texas State Bank, East Texas Surveying & Mapping, Judge Allison Harbison, Tyson-Center, Hawkeye Hunting Club, Hunter Buildings, Michael/Jessica Kay, General Shelters, Silva-Tech, Action Credit, Heritage Land Bank, Payne’s Community News, Center Welding, Lease Operating Services, Link Charolais, Odessa Link Farms, R&D Distributing, Fish & Still Equipment Double “O” Operating, Shelby Veterinary Associates, Trails End Grocery, Citizens Bank, Center Tire Company, David & Renea Sanders, Payne’s Rentals, 96 Equipment Inc. Buddy & Paula Kay, Keith Oswalt Logging, Elite Hair Design, Wiggins Farms, Mettauer Law Firm, Few Ready Mix, Wheeler Law Office, Smith Sawmill Services, Dairy Queen, Bounds Insurance, Light & Champion Newspaper, Fairchild Law Office, Ihlo Sales & Imports, Elliott Waldron Title Company, Raymond Motor Company, Ward Animal Clinic, Shelbyville Grocery, Steel Building Supply, Shoop Financial, Wayne Christian Financial, Cobb/Vantress Hatchery, Despino Tire, Dean’s Hardware, Worsham Grocery, Mathews Real Estate, K&L Contractors, JML Management, ULTRA, Klein Cattle Company, Chubby Chicks
We would like to take this time to say “thank you” from the Shelby County 4-H and FFA members, and the Broiler Show Committee to Contributors for their generous contributions and to the many volunteers that help make the annual “Broiler Show and Auction” the great event that it is every year!