NOTICE OF MEETING OF THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE CITY OF TENAHA
Notice is hereby given that a regular called meeting of the governing body of the above-named City will be held on Monday the 24th day of October 2022 at 5:30 pm at Tenaha City Hall, 238 North George Bowers Drive, Tenaha, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
4. Pledge: United States Pledge
5. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the agenda, or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form must be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
6. Department Head Reports: A. Public Works B. Municipal Court C. Police Department D. Fire Department E. City Secretary Leadership Conference Center Civic Center October 25th 8am – 1pm Trunk or Treat First Baptist Church Monday October 31st 6p – 8p Office will be closed Friday November 11th Veterans’ Day, November 24th and 25th Thanksgiving Day
7. Representative for KSA, Lanny Buck, Regional Client Service Leader to speak. 8. Discussion and possible action on approving Declaration of Disaster and Order Prohibiting Outdoor Burning.
9. Discussion and possible action on approving the minutes for the September 2022 City Council meeting(s).
10. Discussion and possible action on approving the Monthly Financial report(s) for September 2022.
11. Discussion and possible action on moving Decembers’ monthly meeting to Monday December 19,2022 at 5:30 due to Christmas Holidays.
12. Discussion and possible action on approving the 2023 Employee observed Federal Holiday’s.
13. Consider entering executive session (Personnel Matters Government Code Section 551.074) with possible action related thereto upon reconvening in open session.) Reconvene into open session and take any action necessary because of the Executive Session.
14. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports.
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
This agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.41. For more information or for a copy of the open meetings act, please contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary at 936-248-3841.
City of Tenaha
O’Neal Jones, Jr., Mayor
I certify that the above notice of meeting was posted on the front door at City Hall, 238 North George Bowers Drive, Tenaha, Texas on __________________________.
Amanda L. Treat-Brock
I certify that the attached notice and agenda of items to be considered by the City Council was removed by me from the front door of the City Hall on the __________day of, __________________2022. ______________________________________________________
Amanda L. Treat-Brock