February 28, 2020-Tigers vs @ Big Sandy at Angelina College 7:00pm; PepRally in SEC 1:30 pm
(KGAS will be broadcasting the game tonight on 1590 AM and on easttexastoday.com. If you would like to sponsor or have a shout out, please call 903-693-7176.)
March 2, 2020-HS Robotics in Kilgore
March 3, 2020-Baseball vs Shelbyville (Home) 4:00 pm; Sr Cap & Gown; Kinder Cap & Gown; (Group and Individual) Who’s Who Pictures
March 4, 2020-Student Early Release 1:30 pm; TELPAS Grade 4
March 5, 2020- TELPAS Grade 3; HS Track @ Groveton Relays
March 6, 2020-Baseball vs Shelbyville (There) 6:00 pm; JH Track in Groveton
March 8, 2020-Daylight Saving Time begins. Set clocks ahead 1 hour.
March 10, 2020-Baseball vs Timpson (There) 6:00 pm; TELPAS Grade 5
March 11, 2020- TELPAS Grade 2 and Make-up
March 12, 2020-Businessmen’s Meeting; TELPAS 9-12
March 13, 2020-Baseball vs Timpson (Home) 4:00 pm; Student Holiday/Teacher In-Service
March 16-20, 2020-Spring Break
March 16, 2020-JH Track in San Augustine
March 17, 2020-Baseball vs Martinsville (Home) 4:00 pm
March 19, 2020-HS Track @ San Augustine Relays
March 20, 2020-Baseball vs Martinsville (There) 6:00 pm
March 23, 2020-JH Track in Cushing
March 24, 2020-Baseball in Mt. Enterprise 6:00 pm; HS & MS Bands Pre-UIL in Carthage
March 26, 2020-HS Track @ Cushing Relays
March 27, 2020-Baseball vs Mt. Enterprise (Home) 4:00 pm
March 30, 2020-STARR ALT 2-Grades 3-8 and EOC; 22-2A District Meet in Shelbyville
March 31, 2020- Baseball vs Joaquin (Home) 4:00 pm
April 1, 2020-22-2A District Meet in Shelbyville
April 15, 2020-HS Track-Area Meet in San Augustine
April 24, 2020-HS Regional Meet in Palestine
April 25, 2020- HS Regional Meet in Palestine
May 8, 2020-HS Track-State Meet in Austin
May 9, 2020-HS Track-State Meet in Austin
State of the Union......
Just for informational purposes for all TISD stakeholders.... No fluff... Just facts...
* Highest A-F accountability jump in Shelby County of eleven points to 84 which is a B rating
* The county's first fully funded Dual Credit tuition program continues and has expanded.
* Superior rating for FIRST (financial integrity)
* Lowest overall tax rate in Shelby County
* A fund balance that has tripled over the last eight years
* But, a continued commitment to fund facilities projects and transportation, as well as three different Board approved salary scale raises for teachers in that time
* Band makes 1st division yet again in Marching contest. Sends more kids to All-Region Band in JH than any 4A school that participated.
* Football program did miss the playoffs for the first time in 14 years, but that comes on the heels of 9 trips to the state quarterfinals or beyond in the last 11 seasons. (Only Carthage, Mart, Aledo, Falls City, Lake Travis have enjoyed "sustained" success at that level)
* Girls Basketball already at 19 wins. One more makes the first time in school history to record five consecutive 20 win seasons)
*Boys Basketball- tied for 1st place in the toughest district in the state. Also a program with 14 Regional Tourney appearances in the last 17 years.
* Hosts of the largest and best Holiday Basketball tournament in Texas.
* The first and perhaps only school that opens a "restaurant" for stakeholders on event nights with the Tiger Cafe.
* A state championship contending Barbecue Team in our Ag department.
* Yet another team qualified for the State Robotics Contest
* The first time in school history to qualify a team for the Cross Country State Meet
* Enrollment is holding at 529 students PK-12. That's a 23% increase of enrollment since the passage of the 2008 bond.
We are proud of the school we have and we care about continually pushing these kids to reach their fullest potential.