CITY OF JOAQUIN
REGULAR SCHEDULED MEETING
January 15, 2021
The City Council of Joaquin will meet in regular session Tuesday, January 19, 2021 @ 6:00 p.m. The Joaquin City Hall located at 124 North Preston, Joaquin, Texas and via facebook live https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010140665244 and video conference at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84139587984
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to order, establish quorum & welcome guest.
2. Invocation & Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Public hearing for TxCDBG Planning project #7218074
4. Consider Resolution (attached) accepting TxCDBG Planning project #7218074 ( Ken)
5 Council approval of the previous month’s minutes.
6. Monthly Reports:
a. a. Utility Billing Manager Report - Monthly receipts
b. b. Public Works Manager - Update – Sewer, Water, & Gas
7. Discussion & Council Action on Payment of Bills.
8. Resolution approved by council that states You (at this time I stated “Mayor” but feel free to change that) or a Representative can authorize grant items moving forward. (attached)
9. Program Assurances. (attached) This document states that you have the match and will comply with all the rules if you are awarded a contract. It will need to be signed by the representative in the Resolution. (Hunter)
10. Discussion & Council Action to amend building code for any building with a second story to have a water booster. (Bill)
11. Discussion and Council Action to motion to add Jessica Davis to signature card to all American State Bank accounts and remove Paula Guzman. (Bill)
12. Council will hold a closed Executive Session Meeting (Cathy)
a. Personnel Matters (551.074).
13. Council reconvenes & possible action on matters discussed in executive session.
14.Discussion and/or action for Public Safety Development Corporation item on changing the annual fire gear/PPE allotment for JVFD.
15.Discussion and/or action for Public Safety Development Corporation item on providing funds of a determined amount to buy tools and rescue equipment for the new rescue pumper truck.
16.Discussion and/or action for Public Safety Development Corporation item on replacing the back bay door to the fire department.(Rusty)
17. Closing Statements.
IF during the course of the of the meeting, any discussion of items on the Agenda should be held in executive or closed session, the Council will convene in executive or closed session, in accordance With the Texas Open Meetings Act, Governmental Code Section 551 and Texas Revised Civil Statutes.