The Tenaha City Council will meet in a Regular City Council Meeting on Monday, July 27, 2020 at 5:30 pm, Tenaha, Texas. The following items are on the agenda for appropriate action:
Due to health and safety concerns related to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus), this meeting will be open to the public by telephone conference only. The public may attend the teleconference by dialing 712-432-3900 Conference # 232047.
Public comments related to this meeting will be handled as follows: Public comments may be submitted by phone by leaving a voice mail at (936) 248-3841 until 5:00 p.m. The audio comments will be played for the members of the Council or transcribed and read verbatim to the Council at the public comment section of the agenda. A modified version of the public comment regulation consistent with the Attorney General's guidance will remain in effect until the Governor's order on the suspension of certain portions of the Texas Open Meetings Act is lifted or modified.
1. Call to Order:
2. Roll Call: To establish a quorum.
4. Pledge: United States Pledge
5. Citizens Input: (See Above statement on Public Comments)
6. Election Items:
a. Appoint Mayor Pro-Tem to perform mayor’s duties during the mayor’s incapacity or absence. The mayor pro-tem is selected by majority vote of the council from among its own membership. The mayor pro-tem is for two years. The mayor pro-tem retains the right to vote on all matters before the council (and not just to break a tie) while performing duties of mayor (Local Government Code Section 22.38 and 23.027)
7. Department Head Reports:
a. Public Works Report
b. Municipal Court Report
c. Police Department Report
d. City Secretary Report
e. Fire Department Report
8. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
a. Consider Scheduling a Budget Workshop for the 2020/2021 FY to be held on Monday August 17, 2020 at 5:30 pm.
b. Consider Scheduling an Employee Handbook Workshop to be held on Monday August 10, 2020 at 5:30 pm.
c. Consider Scheduling a Newly Elected Official Orientation Workshop for Monday August 3, 2020 at 5:30 pm.
d. Scheduling Next Month’s meeting for Monday August 24, 2020 at 5:30 pm.
e. Consider approval of the Minutes from the Regular Meeting held on June 22, 2020
REGULAR AGENDA ITEMS (9-12)
9. Discuss and take action: Consider approving an increase in the Mayor Pro-Tem’s utility discount for serving as Alderman and Mayor Pro-Tem.
10. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider designating an administration service provider for the 2020 Community Development-MIT Program application and project implementation administered through the Texas General Land Office.
11. Discuss and take action: Consider approval of the Financial Statements for the month of June 2020.
12. Discuss and take action: Renting the Community Room(s) at the City Hall.
Enter Executive Session: Section 551.074 Personnel Matters section 551.071 Consultation with Attorney Regarding pending Litigation.
13. Public Works Roland Britain’s Annual Evaluation. (Employee Handbook 7.13)
14. Consultation with Attorney.
Return to Open Meeting
16. Discuss action: Regarding item 13 and 14.
17. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time.
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.