CITY OF TENAHA REGULAR CALLED COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
MONDAY August 26, 2019 5:30 PM
Notice is hereby given that the Regular Called meeting of the governing body of the City of Tenaha will be held on Monday, August 26, 2019 @ 5:30 PM in the City Council Meeting Room located at 238 N. George Bowers Drive in Tenaha, Texas. If while in the meeting, any discussion on items on the Agenda should be held in executive session, the Council will convene in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Government Code Section 551.101.
Order of Business:
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call and Establish a quorum
4. Public Comments (Must sign in prior to call to order and limited to 3 minutes)
5. Department Head Reports:
6. Discuss and Consider Approving July 22, 2019 City Council Meeting Minutes. ACTION ITEM
7. Discuss and Consider Approving July 2019 Financials. ACTION ITEM
8. Consider Approving the 2019-2020 Proposed Budget. ACTION ITEM
9. Discuss and Consider Approving lifting the 6 months’ pay freeze on all employee raises. ACTION ITEM
10. Discuss and Consider Approving changes to section no. 2.12, 2.14, 5.2, 5.4, 6.4, 10.1, 10.5 and 10.9 in the 2015 Employee Handbook and consider this a 2019 revised version of the book. ACTION ITEM
11. Discuss and Consider Approving a special called meeting to be held at 05:30 PM on September 16, 2019 at TENAHA CITY HALL for purposes of adopting a proposed tax rate for tax year 2019. ACTION ITEM
12. Discuss and Consider Approving 5 C Utility to use the Ford Utility Truck to pull Equipment Trailer when they are called out for City Related Jobs. ACTION ITEM
13. Discuss and Consider Approving making the $2.00 per month per Water Customer Fire Protection Fee Mandatory and not Optional. ACTION ITEM
14. Council will enter Closed Session per Tex. Gov’t Code Sec. 551.072: Deliberation Regarding the Purchase of Real Property.
15. Closed Session Results and Action if necessary.
16. Council Comments
I certify that the above was posted on the front door of the Tenaha City Hall at 238 North George Bowers Drive Tenaha Texas at 4:00 pm Friday August 23, 2019 for public viewing 72 hours prior to 5:30 pm Monday August 26, 2019. Emailed to the Light and Champion, Shelby County Today and East Texas Press.
Amanda L Treat
City of Tenaha
P.O. Box 70
Tenaha, Texas 75954