The Shelby County Commissioners' Court met on March 13, 2019, at 9:30 a.m. at the active Shelby County Courthouse and took the following actions:
1. They approved the minutes of the Feb. 6, 2019, Feb 13, 2019, and the Feb. 27, 2019 meetings.
2. They approved and paid weekly expenses.
3. They approved the officer's report.
4. No public comments were given.
5. The discussed and approved the digitization of the Plat Records for the County Cler's office, with funds from the County Clerk's Records Archive Budget.
6. They recognized the completion of required continuing education for Ann Blackwell the County Treasurer.
7. The discussed and approved taking sealed bids for a used Front End Loader for Commissioners Pct. 3 and Pct. 4.
8. They discussed and approved the Shelby County Sheriff's off to hire a seasonal deputy to supervise and stay with any trustee while work is done at the Courthouse, Sheriff's office, and other County offices. Shelby County Sheriff Willis Blackwell express that this position would mainly be used in the summer.
9. They discussed and approved providing assistance to the Joaquin Fire Department by providing them with the use of County dump trucks for the construction of a new Fire Sub-station in the Joaquin area.
10. Lastly, they adjourned.