The Shelby County Commissioners Court was held on Feb. 27, 2019, at the active Shelby County Courthouse. The opening prayer was led by Shelby County Commissioner Charles Barr, following the prayer the everyone joined in for the pledge of allegiance to the United States and Texas. The meeting began and the following actions were taken:
1. They approved and paid weekly expenses.
2. They approved and paid the current payroll.
3. No public comments were taken on agenda items.
4. They opened sealed bids for the construction of a fence at the Shelby County Sheriff's Office. The court chose AC&C Fencing to build the fence for $59,967 and the amount has approved to be paid out of the Courthouse Repairs fund.
5. The court approved the profiling report for the Shelby County Sheriff's Office.
6. They discussed and approved the purchase of a server and hosting services to benefit the five Shelby County Justice of the Peace offices. The equipment and installation cost will cost $4,600 and there will be a yearly fee of $3,200 both amounts will be paid out of the JP Technology fund. The new equipment and software will allow the Shelby County Justice of the Peace offices to share their docket information, that is ticket information, along with their other documents in real time.
7. The court approved the Shelby County Historical Commission appointees for the 2019-2020 year. Teddy Hopkins was chosen as the Chairman, David Chadwick the Vice Chairman, Vickie Martin as the Sectrary, and Sharon Ratcliff as the Treasurer.
Shelby County Historical Commission Chairman Teddy Hopkins & Sectary Vickie Martin
8. Lastly, the court adjourned.