The City Council of Joaquin will meet in regular session Tuesday February 19, 2019
6:00 p.m. at The Joaquin City Hall located at 124 North Preston, Joaquin, Texas.
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to order, establish quorum & welcome guest.
2. Invocation & Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Open Forum.
4. Council approval of the previous month’s minutes.
5. Monthly Reports:
a. City Secretary- Administrative updates.
b. Utility Billing Manager Report -- Monthly Receipts & Adjustments Report.
c. Public Works Manager-Update – Departmental Updates
d. Water Department-Update—Ongoing Water Projects
6. Council approval on Payment of Bills.
7. Discussion on appropriating hotel tax money for repairs needed on the old city office (130 Steve Hughes Drive).
8. Discussion & Possible Council action on trash trailers being parked inside city limits over night.
9. Discussion & Council action on possible automatic water meter project.
10. Discussion on entering into a contract to provide local trash service for residential and possibly commercial services for citywide sanitation services.
11. Discussion & Council action on possible Recycle Trailer for citizen use.
12. Discussion & Council action on uniforms for Public Works Workers.
13. Discussion & Council action on Town of Logansport Water Contract renewal.
14. Discussion & Council action on approval for Joaquin Public Safety Development Corporation bid award for JVFD Hwy 7 Construction Project.
15. Discussion & Council action on appointment of 2 (two) twelve hour early voting days April 29 & 30, 2019 (Sec. 85.005(d).
16. Discussion & Council action on selection of an engineering firm for the 2019-2020 TxCDBG program.
17. Discussion & Council action to adopt a resolution authorizing a grant application to be submitted to the Texas Department of Agriculture for the 2019-2020 TxCDBG program.
18. Council will hold a closed Executive Session Meeting-Personnel Matters (551.074).
a. Public Work Employee -90-day performance evaluation.
b. City Secretary- Yearly performance evaluation.
19. Council reconvenes & possible action on matters discussed in executive session.