The Shelby County Commissioners Court met on Jan. 30, 2019, at the active Shelby County Courthouse located at 200 San Augustine Street in Center, Texas. The court opened with a prayer lead by Commissioner Charles Barr and took the following actions:
1. They approved and paid weekly expenses.
2. No public comment where given.
3. They moved into a closed executive session.
4. They reopened the meeting to the public.
5. They discussed and took action on an item from the executive session, they approved the creation of a position an administrative assistant for Judge James Payne Jr.
6. The court adjourned.