The Shelby County Commissioners’ Court met on Jan. 2. 2019, at 9:30 a.m. at the active Shelby County Courthouse located at 200 San Augustine Street in Center, Texas and took the following actions:
1. They swore in Shelby County elected officials starting with the newly elected county commissioners and then proceeding to a group of other newly elected county officials.
Shelby County Judge Allison Harbison swears in Commissioners Jimmy Lout and Tom Bellmyer
County officials were sworn in
2. The court approved the bounds for the incoming elected officials.
3. The court paid and approved weekly expenses except for the payment on a piece of equipment that has yet to be received.
4. The court approved the current payroll.
5. No public comments were given on agenda items.
6. The discussed and adopted a resolution to designate authorized signators for the 2018 Texas CDBG program contract 7218440.
7. They discussed and approved mileage rate change reimbursement for county employees in accordance with IRS Standard Rates.
8. They discussed and tabled the action to disperse the capital credits for the Fiscal Year of 2018 because a check from the State of Texas has yet to arrive.
9. They discussed and approved replacing the paper towel dispensers in the public restrooms with wall mounted hand dryers at the courthouse.
10. They discussed and approved putting a wall mounted baby changing table on the ladies restroom on the 2nd floor of the active Shelby County courthouse.
11. They discussed and approved a designated room in the courthouse for nursing mothers.
12. They discussed and took action on reserve officer for Constable Pct. 3. The reserve officer was approved.
13. Lastly, the court adjourned.