Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the above named City will be held on the 20th day of November, 2018 at 5:30 pm at the City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order:
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Chamber of Commerce: Chamber of Commerce, presented by Paul Smith.
5. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the
agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted
to these reports.
6. Christmas Activities: There will be a Christmas Parade on December 1, 2018 at
1:00pm. Floats and participants need to line up between 12:00-12:30 in front
of the High School. Joyce Moore will be in charge of the lineup.
7. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City
Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not
listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form
may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
8. Department Reports:
A. Public Works Report: Larry Burns
B. Police Department Report: Kent Graham
C. Municipal Court Report: For the month of October 2018, there were 29
citations issued, 35 violations, 0 to juveniles and 0 to a minor. Total amount
reported $9,521.45 the City’s portion a 55% estimate of $5,236.79.
D. City Secretary: Leslie Leathers reporting that there will be no Regular City
Council Meeting in December. ALL regular monthly bills will be paid as usual and
then ratified in January. Bear Drive update, nothing has been fixed to date and no
invoice has been issued. Also, update the Council on what is going on with the Water
9. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no
Deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the
City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the
Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on October 16, 2018
B. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of October, 2018
C. Consider approval of Accounts Payable – Unpaid bills for October, 2018
D. Approval of the Engagement Letter from Frank Campos for the Audit of the City
2017-18 financial statements. The fee this year was $12,750 and the estimated fee
for next year is from $12,450 to $13,200.
REGULAR AGENDA ITEMS (10 –13)
10. Discuss and possibly take action: Adopt Resolution 20181120-1 designating
East Texas Press as the official “printed” newspaper for the City of Timpson.
11. Discuss and possibly take action: Renew contract or accept bids for the 2018
Woodlawn Cemetery Mowing Contract. Contract is currently with Pineywoods
Lawn Care (Ricky Askins) for $1,250 per month and ends January 31, 2018.
12. Discuss and possibly take action: 2018-19 COLA raises. Per the Meeting on
October 16, 2018, A) rescind the vote at the September 18, 2018 meeting to not
COLA raises to City Employees. B) approve a 2-3% COLA raise for all City
Employees (Electric, Water/Sewer and General Departments).