The Shelby County Commissioners' Court met this morning 7-11-18 at around 9:30 a.m. at the active Shelby County Courthouse. This meeting was their regular meeting so it opened with a prayer. The prayer was lead by Center Broadcasting Company News Director Justin Mott, Shelby County Judge Allison Harbison lead the pledges to the American and Texas Flags. The meeting then officially began.
1. The Court approved the minutes of the June 6, 2018 Special meeting, June 13, 2018 Regular meeting, June 20, 2018 Special meeting and June 27, 2018 Special meeting.
2. They approved and paid weekly expenses.
3. They approved the current payroll.
4. They approved the Officers Report.
5. No Public comments on Agenda item.
6. They discussed and approved the County Treasurer to add another phone line for her office.
Shelby County Treasurer Ann Blackwell
7. They discussed and took action on approving the renewal of Texas Association of Counties group health insurance for the 2019 plan year.
8. They discussed and approved participation in the TexPool Investment Pool.
9. They approved the Resolution Authorizing Participation in the TexPool Investment Pool and Designating Authorized Representatives.
10. Bobbie McDaniel was scheduled to address Commissioners’ Court about the Flag at the Sheriff’s Office, she did not make meeting. The Court still discussed the issue of the flag at the Shelby County Sheriff's Office not being seen at all angles and possible courses of action from cutting down a tree to moving the flag pole. After discussing the issue they took no action on it at this time.
11. Lastly the Court adjourned.