Notice is hereby given that a special meeting of Governing body of the Shelby County Commissioners’ Court will be held on the 23rd day of October, 2017 at 9:30 am in the Courtroom of the Shelby County Courthouse at 200 San Augustine Street, Center, Shelby County, Texas to deliberate and consider action on the following items:
1. Approve weekly expenses.
2. Public Comments on Agenda item.
3. Representative from Martin Walker, PC to present a presentation on Opioid Litigation and possibly approve a Retention Agreement to represent Shelby County.
4. Discuss and possibly appoint a representative from Shelby County to the East Texas Regional Water Planning Group (Region 1).
5. Approve the Renewal of the Licensing Software Agreement between Shelby County and Software Services for District Clerks Office, JP1 Office, JP2 Office, JP3 Office, JP4 Office and the JP5 Office.
6. Veterans Service Officer Sherry Riley will request approval to apply for a 20,000.00 grant through Funds For Veterans Assistance, offered by Texas Veterans Commission.
7. Discuss and possibly approve closing separate bank account for the Historic Courthouse and move under General Fund.
8. Discuss and possibly approve allocating additional funds to the Juvenile Probation budget as needed for detention services.
9. Discuss and possibly approve Commissioner Pct. 2 to purchase a used Tracker Truck for under $50,000.