The City Council of Joaquin will meet in regular session Tuesday July 18, 2017
6:30 p.m. at The Joaquin City Hall located at 124 North Preston, Joaquin, Texas.
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to order, establish quorum & welcome guest.
2. Invocation & Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Swearing in of newly appointed Council Member Jessie Griffith.
4. Open Forum.
5. Council approval of the previous month’s minutes.
6. Monthly Reports:
a. City Secretary
• Scheduling Availability for Budget Workshops.
• Property Tax Rate Quorum Reminder.
• Report on initiation of procurement process for GLO Grant.
b. Utility Billing Manager
• Report --Monthly receipts
c. Public Works Manager
• Update -- Sewer Plant Rehabilitation.
• Update -- Staffing Issues
d. Water Department
• Update-- Ground Storage, Monitoring System, Logansport Meter, Chlorine Injection System.
7. Discussion & Council Action on Payment of Bills.
8. Update to Council by Grant Writer Raymond K. Vann regarding status of 2017-2018 TDA Grant process and opportunities for other grants.
9. Discussion & Council Action on request of East Texas Press to be designated the official newspaper of the City of Joaquin.
10. Discussion & Council Action on Adjournment.