SHELBY COUNTY, TEXAS
Notice is hereby given that a Special meeting of the Governing body of the Shelby County Commissioners’ Court will be held on the 26th day of June, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. in the Courtroom of the Shelby County Courthouse at 200 San Augustine Street, Center, Shelby County, Texas to deliberate and consider action on the following items:
1. Approve and pay monthly expenses.
2. Public discussion on agenda items.
3. Discuss and possibly approve DETCOG Regional Mutual Aid Agreement.
4. District Attorney, Stephen Shires to address court regarding using Forfeiture Funds as a salary supplement for a staff member.
5. Discuss and possibly approve partnering with the City of Center for the purchase of a new building to house the radio systems for county and city emergency services. If approved, discuss and determine which fund the purchase will be made from.
6. Jheri-Lynn McSwain to ask approval for landscaping around the Historic Court House.
7. Adjourn to executive session.
8. An Executive session will also be held for the purpose of discussing personnel, hearing complaints against personnel, or to deliberate the appointed, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee. This closed session is authorized by Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code Section 551.074.
9. Reopen public meeting.
10. Discuss and possibly take action on decision of court regarding Justice of the Peace Precinct 1.
11. Adjourn meeting.