1. Call to Order:
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Chamber of Commerce: Presented by Paul Smith.
5. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports.
6. Presentations & Recognition: The City would like to thank Tommy Sparks for
31 years of dedicated service.
7. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
8. Agenda Item: Consider approval of the FY 2015-2016 AUDIT presented by Frank Campos.
9. Department Reports:
A. Public Works Report: Larry Burns
B. Police Department Report: Kent Graham
C. Municipal Court Report: For the month of February 2017, there were 87 citations issued, 95 violations, 0 to juveniles and 3 to minors. Total amount reported $20,135.98 the City’s portion a 55% estimate of $11,074.79. In addition, $1397 will be paid to Linebarger for their fees we collected in the month of February.
D. City Secretary: Leslie Leathers reporting there will be a trash dumpster on April 1st beside City Hall on Railroad Ave from 6 am - noon or until capacity is reached. The recycle roll off box will be here for aluminum, paper and plastic only April 1st – 7th on the Plaza. Also, the City will have an appreciation dinner for the Timpson Volunteer Fire Department on March 25th at 5:00pm at the Foxxhole.
Judge James Bogue’s yearly contract will be up April 1, 2017 but we will continue on a month by month basis as agreed to by Council last year. He is still going to his Judge’s class and everything he needs is up to date.
The loan agreement with Texas State Bank to borrow against the 2 CD’s has been completed and signed by Mayor Smith and Mayor Pro Tem Allen.
E. Election Info: There were 5 completed candidate packets submitted for the General Election on May 6th. Incumbents Kyle Allen, Janell Baker and George Grace, Charleston Johnson and Tiffany Collins are the candidates for the three seats on the City Council. They will begin their new terms in May of 2017. A drawing was held on February 27th for the placement on the ballot. Tiffany Curtis will be listed 1st, George Grace 2nd, Kyle Allen 3rd, Janell Baker 4th and Charleston Johnson 5th.
*Early Voting begins April 24th at City Hall and ends May 2nd; weekdays only *April 24th and May 2nd are extended hours – 7am – 7pm other days are 8am-5pm *April 6th - the last day to register to vote or make a change of address in order to be able to vote in the May 6th Election. *April 25th - the last day to apply for ballots to be voted by mail.*May 6th --ELECTION DAY-- 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Timpson ISD Gym foyer.
9. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on February 21, 2017
B. Consider approval of the minutes of the special meeting held on March 7, 2017
C. Consider approval of Financial Statements for the month of February 2017
D. Consider approval of Accounts Payable – Paid bills for February, 2017
E. Approve Resolution 03212017-1 (387) Waiver in Lieu of Taxes for Timpson Housing Authority.
E. Approval of the TVFD Officers elected on March 14, 2017. Fire Chief-Patrick Hendrick, Assistant Chief-Tuffy Green, Treasurer-Pete Andrews, Secretary-Talitha Green, Training Officers-Brock Strong and Corey Green and Captains-Frank Chimney, Marty Mikesh, Andy Terry and Greg Hailey.
F. The Community Wide Annual Easter Egg Hunt will be on April 15, 2017 from 11:30am-1:30pm at SoSo Park. Previously this was an Eastern Star event, however, this year it will be sponsored by the First Baptist Church in Timpson. Hot dogs will be served at 11:30 followed by the Easter egg hunt. Everyone is encouraged to come out, bring the kids and enjoy the festivities. If you would like to donate money, candy filled eggs or hot dog supplies, contact Bro. W Dee Daniel at 936-254-2220.
G. Ratify emergency expenditure for the hydrant repairs at 620 Houston St. to Hydra Tec Services for $2,034.46. This was a leaking hydrant and it is suspected that it was broken by someone trying to steal water. The Timpson PD has been notified and they will be checking this hydrant routinely for signs of theft.
REGULAR AGENDA ITEMS (10 –15)
10. Discuss and possibly take action: Request for Bids or renew contract on the mowing for the Parks, RR row, and other city property currently on contract with Gareth Yoder for $23,860 per year paid monthly $1,988.33.
11. Discuss and possibly take action: Update the Community Building Rental Agreement.
12. Discuss and possibly take action: Add Mayor Pro Tem Kyle Allen and City Secretary Leslie Leathers to the lockbox authorization at Austin Bank and remove the previous Mayor Pro Tem, Ronnie Wolfe.
13. Discuss and possibly take action: Pay off Loan 2813009433 at Austin Bank. This is the note for the land and the old Cobb building. In the motion include what account to use for the payoff.
14. Discuss and possibly take action: Police Officer Michelle Ashworth evaluation from Chief Kent Graham and discussion of pay increase from $16.50 to $17.00. When Michelle was hired it stated that after 120 days (April 2, 2017) she would be evaluated and possibly receive a raise.