STANLEY JACKSON, Precinct 1 EDWARD WILSON, Precinct 2
JOEY HOLLOWAY, Precinct 3 DAVID MCEACHERN, Precinct 4
Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the above named Commissioners Court will be held on Tuesday, the 13th day of December, 2016 at 9:00 o’clock A.M. in the Commissioners Court Room at 100 W. Columbia, Room 103, San Augustine, Texas, at which time the following will be discussed and appropriate action taken; pursuant to B.T.C.A. Government Code Chapter 51, Open Meetings Act, including all Subchapters and Sections:
NO CELL PHONES, AUDIBLE PAGERS, AND/OR BEEPERS SHALL BE USED WHILE COURT IS IN SESSION
• Establish Quorum
• Pledge of allegiance to the United States Flag
• Pledge of allegiance to the Texas Flag
• CALL TO ORDER – 9:00 a.m.
Comments from the bench
1. Discuss and co sider approval of the minutes for the Commissioners Court held on November 22, 2016.
Discuss and consider Monthly Reports:
a) Payroll d) County Clerk’s Report g) Sheriff’s Department Report
b) Expenditures e) District Clerk’s Report h) Justice of the Peace Report
c) Treasurer Report f) Tax Office Report i) Auditor Report
2. PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS/COMMENTS - opportunity for the general public to address the Court on any matter. The Court may not discuss any presented issue, nor may any action be taken on any issue at this time. Comments are limited to 3 minutes
3. Discuss and take appropriate action Re: Approve travel vouchers – Judge Samye Johnson
4. Discuss and take appropriate action Re: County Road Report Update – County Commissioners
5. Discuss and take appropriate action Re: Approval of Bond for incoming Elected Officers – Judge Samye Johnson
6. Discuss and take appropriate action Re: Resolution of the San Augustine County Commissioners Court, Texas Opposition to re: SearchTX – District Clerk Carman Brown/ County Clerk Margo Noble / County Judge Samye Johnson
7. Discuss and take appropriate action Re: 1919 Jail Committee- San Augustine Garden Club- Betty Olgesbee
8. Discuss and take appropriate action Re: Update on discussion of options for leasing Sheriff Office vehicles – Sheriff Elect Robert Cartwright
9. Discuss and take appropriate action Re: Discussion of changing the December 27, 2016 Commissioners Court to December 28, 2016 – County Commissioners
10. Discuss and take appropriate action Re: Opening of the Glauconite Rock and Fuel sealed bids – County Auditor Joe Verhalen
11. Discuss and take appropriate action Re: Comments concerning the commitment the Master Gardeners has made to the 4-H Program – County Agent Shane Bridges
12. Discuss and take appropriate action Re: Presentation and Acceptance of New Master Gardener (reception for the Master Gardeners after court) – Master Gardener President Mike Malone
EXECUTIVE SESSION (Closed to public)
Pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code
EXECUTIVE SESSION ITEMS
Note 1 Gov’t Code Ann 551.071, Consultation with Attorney
Note 2 Gov’t Code Ann 551.072, Real Property
Note 3 Gov’t Code Ann 551.074, Personnel Matters
Note 4 Gov’t Code Ann 551.076, Security
Note 5 Gov’t Code Ann 551.087, Economic Development Negotiations
The Commissioners Court will consider the following items in Executive Session. The Commissioners Court may also consider any other matter posted on the agenda if there are issues that require consideration in Executive Session and the Commissioners Court announces that the item will be considered during Executive Session.
RESUME OPEN SESSION AND TAKE ANY NECESSARY ACTION RESULTING FROM EXECUTIVE SESSION DELIBERATIONS.
I, the undersigned County Clerk, do hereby certify NOTICE of Regular meeting of the above named Commissioners Court is a true and correct copy of said Notice and that I have caused said Notice to be posted on the doors at the Courthouse of San Augustine County, Texas located at 100 W. Columbia Street on the 18th day of November, 2016.
Margo Noble, County Clerk