The Women’s Reading club was founded in 1896 the club meets the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of each month 2-3 pm at a different members home. The president is Ms. Don Janene Walker and the Vice President is Debra Chadwick. The club is private and has only 20 members at a time, in addition to associate members. The Read club is not just to socialize, because the club helps raises money to support the Fanny Booth Memorial Library. The Women’s Reading Club is a local historical corner stone.