The Shelby County Commissioners' Court met on Monday, March 14th at 9:30 a.m. They deliberated on several budget proposals and made the following discussions.
1. They approved the minutes of the February 9th Regular Meeting and the February 23 Special Meeting.
2. They approved the pay of monthly expenses.
3. They Approved Officers' Reports.
4. The accepted public comments on agenda items.
5. They approved the motion to move an office clerk in charge of motor vehicles from part time to full-time.
6. They tabled the motion to grant additional storage space for the motor vehicle and tax offices.
7. They approved the blanket bond for Tax Assessor's deputy clerks.
8. They approved the court clerk’s office to close April 13-15th of this current year, for the clerks to attend training.
9. They approved $2,500 per precinct, per month out of the right away funds for trash pick-up.
10. They tabled the Child Safety Fee Fund for future discussions.
11. They renewed the subscription for LexisNexis Law for $55 a month.
12. They approved the racial profiling report for Constable Precinct #4, Bryan Gray.
13. They recognized Sherry Riley Veteran Affairs Officer, for completion of 2015 training.
14. They approved the order authorizing the sale of fireworks on San Jacinto Day and Memorial Day.
15. They tabled the motion to take action to purchase a new Road Grader for Precinct #4.
16. They tabled the motion to approve the lease agreement between Shelby County and Tri-County Community Action, until future questions about whether funds stay in Shelby County.
17. They tabled the request to advance FEMA funds for Precinct 3 and amend Precinct 3 budget.
18. They approved the emergency purchase of 3 large culverts from Loop 500 Salvage, LLC for Commissioner Precinct 3, who purchased them from a relative.
Debora Riley - Tax Assessor-Collector