Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the above named City will be held on the 17th day of November, 2015 at 5:30 pm at the City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order:
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Chamber of Commerce: Chamber of Commerce, presented by Paul Smith.
5. Council Items:
6. Presentations & Recognition: Proclamation for Smith Chapel Baptist Church
declaring December 20, 2015 as Smith Chapel Baptist Church Day. The City of
Timpson would like to express their best wishes to the members of the congregation
on the memorable occasion of their 115 year anniversary and the dedication of their
The City of Timpson would like to congratulate Timpson First Christian Church for
celebrating its 130th birthday on October 25, 2015. They began as a community
church in 1885 where the bible was preached the members lived according to God’s
plan and that way of thinking still applies today. The First Christian Church is under
the direction of Pastor Larry Stegall.
Presentation by James Guest of Linebarger Goggan Attorneys at Law. The law firm
would like to assist the city with collection of delinquent taxes and traffic fines.
7. Citizens Input: Micah Nutt to speak about the burglary of her residence at 319
Pecan Street. Also, Mack Cranford to speak about past experience as a Police
8. Department Reports:
A. Public Works Report: Larry Burns
B. Police Department Report: Kent Graham
C. Municipal Court Report: For the month of October 2015, there were 116
citations issued, 135 violations, 0 to juveniles and 6 to minors. Total amount
reported $12,143.00 the City’s portion a 55% estimate of $6,678.70.
D. City Secretary: Leslie Leathers reporting the county wide burn ban has been
9. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no
Deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the
City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the
Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on October 20, 2015
B. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of October, 2015
C. Consider approval of Accounts Payable – Unpaid bills for October, 2015
D. Consider approval of changes to the Employee Handbook regarding call outs, taking
vehicles home, no overtime and vacation policy for Police Department.
REGULAR AGENDA ITEMS (10 –13)
10. Discuss and possibly take action: Approval of the 2016-2017 Holiday Schedule.
11. Discuss and possibly take action: Bids for Financial Auditing Services. No
proposals/bids to date have been received, discuss how to proceed with no auditor.
12. Discuss and possibly take action: Councilman Grace would like the City to provide
the Timpson Volunteer Fire Department with a luncheon to show support for
everything they do for our community.