The Shelby County Commissioners held their regular meeting this morning 10-10-18 at 9:30 a.m. at the active Shelby County Courthouse.
They took the following actions:
1. They approved the minutes of the September 5, 2018, Special meeting, September 12, 2018, Regular meeting, September 12, 2018, Public Hearing, September 19, 2018, Special meeting, September 19, 2018, Public Hearing, September 26, 2018, Special meeting.
2. They approved and paid weekly expenses.
3. They approved the officer's report.
4. No public comments were taken on agenda items.
5. They recorded the FY2018 Shelby County Jail Commissary expenditure audit per Local Government Code 351.0415(d.)
6. They discussed and tabled taking action on repairs to the building on the AgriLife Campus that was damaged by a fallen tree.
7. They discussed and approved the Interlocal Agreement with the City of Joaquin for a stipend to support the expenses of the Reserve Deputy Constable, Precinct 3.
8. They discussed and approved the equalization of the supplemental compensation for the 123rd Judicial District and the 273rd Judicial District Judges.
9. They discussed and appointed Jackie Kirkwood to fill the vacancy in the office of Justice of the Peace, Precinct 4 for the remainder of the current term.
10. They discussed and adopted the resolution to designate authorized signators for the 2018 Texas CDBG program contract 7218440.
11. They discussed and approved a resolution adopting required CDBG Civil Rights policies.
12. Proclaimed April as Fair Housing Month: This proclamation will help to fulfill Fair Housing activity obligations as required by the grant.
13. Lastly, they adjourned.