The Shelby County Commissioners’ Court met this morning 9-12-18 at the active Shelby County Courthouse and took the following actions:
1. They approved the minutes of the August 8th, 15th, 20th, 22nd, 27th, and 29th meetings and workshops.
2. They approved and paid weekly expenses.
3. Ann Blackwell County Treasurer gave the officer’s report and the court approved it. To view, the County Treasurer's reports CLICK HERE:
to visit the Shelby County website.
Shelby County Treasurer Ann Blackwell
4. No public comments were given.
5. The Court voted to lift the burn ban for Shelby County.
6. The Court discussed and approved appointing a deputy constable position for Constable Precinct 3, Constable Precinct 3 Roy Cheatwood also gave his thought on the matter.
Constable Precinct 3. Roy Cheatwood
7. The Court renewed the contract with Computer Information Concepts and approved a payment of $4,600.00 for renewal.
8. The Court adjourned.
The Public Budget Hearing was then held. Shelby County Judge Allison Harbison read out the proposed tax rate which is .7027, there were no public comments that were given so it was a very brief hearing. For more information on the budget CLICK HERE: