The Shelby County Commissioners' Court met on Monday February 12th, 2018 at 9:30 a.m. at the active Shelby County Court House. Justin Mott New Director with Center Broadcasting said the opening prayer and Judge Allison Harbison lead everyone in the pledges. The court took the following actions:
1. They approved the minutes of the January 8, 2018 Regular meeting, January 10, 2018 Special meeting, January 22, 2018 Special meeting, January 24, 2018 Special meeting.
2. The court approved and paid weekly expenses.
3. They approved the Officers Report.
4. No one had any public comments to make.
5. They discussed and approved Pct. 3 Commissioner to close County Road 3120.
6. They discussed and approved changing the two Regular meeting days for Commissioners’ Court to correspond with payroll week. This will take effect on February 21st, 2018.
7. They discussed and approved Resolution of Annual Review of County Investment Policy.
8. They discussed and approved Resolution to Designate a County Investment Officer. They appointed Ann Blackwell County Treasurer as the County Investment Officer.
9. They recognized completion of required continuing education for Ann Blackwell, County Treasurer as County Investment Officer.
10. They recognized completion of required continuing education for Jennifer Fountain, County Clerk.
11. Steven Shires District Attorney and Deck Jones Drug Court Defense Lawyer presented information to the Court about getting a Drug Court offically funded for Shelby County, this item was not on the agenda.
12. Lastly the court adjourned.