The Shelby County Commissioners' met on January 8th at 9:30 a.m. here are the results from the meeting.
1. They approved the minutes of the December 8th, 11th, 13th, 21st, 27th meetings.
2. They approved the weekly expenses.
3. They approved the officers report.
4. No one gave a public comment on the agenda.
5. They discussed and approved the Sheriff's Department to purchase new heaters. They will be replacing 3 heaters for $49,000. Sheriff Willis Blackwell was in attendance today.
Sheriff Willis Blackwell
6. Tom Wilberg with Texas Commission on Environmental Quality discussed the installation of four off site wells for TCEQ, his request was approved.
Tom Wilberg with TCEQ
7. The Court considered and took action to approve the resolution for the approval of bringing a suit on behalf of Shelby County, Texas vs. various drug manufacturers,developers, suppliers and others of a class of pharmaceutical class of drugs referred to as opioids.
8. The Court tabled the discussion about the closure of County Road 3120.
9. No action was taken on item 9 involving District Attorney Stephen Shires request to set up a drug court fund.
District Attorney Stephen Shires
10. District Attorney Stephen Shires was approved to have a part-time internship to be paid out of forfeiture funds.
11. No action was taken on item 11 involving District Attorney Stephen Shires request to apply for a Specialty Court Grant through the Governor's office.
12. The District Attorney Stephen Shires was approved to mount televisions in both Courtrooms and given $3,700 in funds to purchase and install the televisions.
13. An Executive Session was held to discuss courthouse security procedures and assignment of duties, as well as, personnel, and hearing complaints against personnel.
14. They reopened the regular meeting.
15. They discussed issues discussed in the Executive Session.
16. Lastly the court adjourned.